- Robert A. Barton, Inspector General
- Roy Wesley, Chief Deputy Inspector General
- James Spurling, Chief Counsel
- Shaun Spillane, Public Information Officer
- Misty Polasik, Executive Director, California Rehabilitation Oversight Board
To safeguard the integrity of the State’s correctional system by providing oversight and transparency through monitoring, reporting, and recommending improvements on policy and practices of CDCR.
To transform the State’s correctional system into a model for inmate rehabilitation, employee conduct, health care delivery, and transparency in correctional programs.
State Leadership Accountability Act
Government Code sections 13400 through 13407, known as the State Leadership Accountability Act (SLAA), was enacted to reduce the waste of resources and strengthen internal control. SLAA requires each state agency to maintain effective systems of internal control, to evaluate and monitor the effectiveness of these controls on an ongoing basis, and to biennially report on the adequacy of the agency's systems of internal control.